This pasta dish typifies the essence of Italian cooking, rich in natural flavors and healthy. Using the preparation for Funghi Selcatici al Cartoccio, one only needs to set a large pot of cold water on the stove to prepare the pasta.
Pasta con Funghi di Bosco - Pasta with Wild Mushrooms
A simple dish to prepare using the recipe for Funghi Selvatici al Cartoccio
Author: Paula Barbarito-Levitt
Recipe type: Primi
Serves: 6 as a primi, 4 as a main course
- 1 recipe for Funghi Selvatici al Cartoccio
- 1 pound of whole wheat dry commercial pasta such as spaghetti,tagliatelle, or fettuccini
- Prepare the Funghi Selvatici as directed in the recipe, set aside keeping the package closed.
- About 10 minutes before the mushrooms are to be ready, bring a large pot of cold water to a roaring boil. Add a generous handful of kosher salt and return to a boil. Add the pasta, stir well, following the package instructions however cook to the al dente stage, which is generally several minutes less than recommended.
- Drain to a warm serving bowl, reserving some of the pasta water. Unfold the foil-parchment package containing the mushrooms and add the entire contents along with ¼ cup of the chopped Italian parsley from the original recipe. Using a pair of tongs, gently mix the pasta, mushrooms and parsley so that the pasta has been coated. If the dish seems a bit dry, add some of the reserved pasta water, ¼ cup at a time.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
[…] or side dish for Thanksgiving along with being an excellent sauce for pasta as used in the recipe Pasta con Funghi di Bosco. It is simple to prepare in advance, lends itself to easy clean up, and can be placed into the oven […]