Bright green and fresh with the sunny flavor of lemon and salty Parmigiano, Thinly Shaved Asparagus, Wild Arugula & Pea Salad with Parmigiano is what summer is all about.
Gather the ingredients, spend five minutes putting this amazing bowl of deliciousness together, allora you have the salad that dreams are made of.
Simple, easy and no fuss…perfect for your Summer entertaining. If you enjoyed this recipe subscribe to La Bella Sorella in the space below.
- 1 cup of fresh peas or frozen peas completely defrosted and dry
- 6 cups of fresh wild arugula, washed and dried in a salad spinner
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed of woody stalk
- Shaved Parmigiano, quanto basta or as much as you like
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup high quality Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of ½ of a medium sized lemon
- Place the clean & dry arugula in a salad bowl. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the trimmed asparagus lengthwise on top of the arugula; any bits or scraps can be reserved for a frittata. Scatter the peas over the greens and asparagus.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle the olive oil over the contents of the bowl and gently toss.
- Drizzle the juice of the half lemon, a bit at a time, tossing gently and tasting for the desired level of acidity - stop when it is what you like.
- Using the vegetable peeler again, shave the Parmigiano over the salad and serve immediately.
This looks like a lovely, refreshing salad. Just the kind of thing I hanker for in the ‘dog days’ of summer…
Refreshing is the key, especially with the heat we have ben experiencing in the Bay Area. Effortless, which also helps ease the heat. Thanks for stopping by Frank, Buon Weekend!