This pasta dish typifies the essence of Italian cooking, rich in natural flavors and healthy. Using the preparation for Funghi Selcatici al Cartoccio, one only needs to set a large pot of cold water on the stove to prepare the pasta.
- 1 recipe for Funghi Selvatici al Cartoccio
- 1 pound of whole wheat dry commercial pasta such as spaghetti,tagliatelle, or fettuccini
- Prepare the Funghi Selvatici as directed in the recipe, set aside keeping the package closed.
- About 10 minutes before the mushrooms are to be ready, bring a large pot of cold water to a roaring boil. Add a generous handful of kosher salt and return to a boil. Add the pasta, stir well, following the package instructions however cook to the al dente stage, which is generally several minutes less than recommended.
- Drain to a warm serving bowl, reserving some of the pasta water. Unfold the foil-parchment package containing the mushrooms and add the entire contents along with ¼ cup of the chopped Italian parsley from the original recipe. Using a pair of tongs, gently mix the pasta, mushrooms and parsley so that the pasta has been coated. If the dish seems a bit dry, add some of the reserved pasta water, ¼ cup at a time.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.